Hidey-Ho Scribblers. J Monkeys here. Well, well, well. It’s March 30th. The end of the 3rd month of the year. That means 2012 is 25% of the way complete. How about you? Are you 25% of the way through your goals for the year? Let’s see how I stack up.
Before the year began, I thought long and hard about what I wanted to accomplish this year and how I was going to measure my success. Here’s my secret report card:
- Publish 6 books this year. Well, so far I’ve worked out the template for my personal organizer and my family history cookbook. Both templates will be available for sale soon. The 3rd book in my Dixie and Taco kindergarten series is with the illustrator. My novella is nearly finished; I’m just waiting for my cover artist to graduate from college (in 5 weeks!) and then it’ll be available. DIY Publishing ~ Cheap & Easy is more than 2/3 written. And the first book in my 1st Grade reader series, Brook the Fish, is in the queue for the illustrator, too. I’m on track to have all six of these available before the summer is over and I plan to spend the second half of the year writing. So I’ll judge goal #1 to be ahead of schedule.
- Sell books. I really haven’t made any progress (or even effort) on this goal yet. I do have plans in the hopper…so at least that’s something. But I’m way behind schedule on goal #2.
- Lose 51 pounds before the year is over. Sigh. This is a perennial failure for me. So far, I’ve made 10% progress rather than 25%, but at least it’s something. I’m behind, but not horrifically.
- Improve my family’s credit score. I’m happy with my progress to date on this goal. I’ve run credit reports and found out our starting point. I’ve organized our bills and gotten things on track. And I’ve developed a system to keep on track. I’m happy with my progress here.
- Keep up my hair color. This may seem silly, but I’ve gone gray very young and I have young children. I’m pretty sick of folks telling me how cute my grandchildren are. I must say, I’m doing well on this goal, too. I’ve found a salon I like and my hair looks FABulous! :)
- Scrapbook 5 pages a week. This is an important goal, because it reminds me to take a little bit of time for myself every week and do something fun. That whole “All work and no play” thing. While I haven’t actually done as much scrapbooking as I’d like, I have done some crafting, some catching up on TV shows & books, and I’m taking a fun class. All in all, I’m calling this one “on target”.
As it balances out, I’m horribly behind on one goal, far ahead on another and on target with the rest. I feel good.
Today’s question: how are you progressing toward your goals?