1. What was the hardest thing about marketing your very first sale?
Juggling the time it takes to do it all. I had plenty of time to set setup my FB, twitter and Goodreads accounts prior to selling but actually using them, blogging, tweeting – that was crazy busy.
2. What social media platforms do you use? Which one has been the most beneficial?
I use Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and my own blog. I think FB has been the most beneficial to instantly connect with people and it has been the easiest for me to use. My blog is the least effective and that is my fault since I don’t use it as I should.
3. Who or what has been most helpful in marketing your first sale? For a total newbie, Laura Kaye has been a boon for me. Luckily, I know her and I can ask her questions but she also has written amazing articles on marketing for Savvy Authors which everyone should read. She is a genius at it. I also read Kristen Lamb’s “We Are Not Alone” and it helped get my head in the right place to market as a whole.
4. Is there anything you would have done differently? Oh – I would have set up my blog tour earlier. I was still setting stuff up after the book was released and it was a little crazy. Luckily, Entangled gave me a publicist and she was a life-saver. Love you Heather!
5. Describe what’s next on the horizon for Robin Covington.
Writing, Writing. Writing. I have back-to-back books due for the next year. I have a Christmas novella out for Entangled later this year, and then the sequels to “A Night of Southern Comfort” are scheduled for Spring, Summer and Fall 2013. I will also have a couple of other projects out next year – busy girl!!!
A busy girl indeed!! Thank you so much for spending a little time with the Scribes today. If any one has any questions for Robin…let ‘em rip….
One night of passion…
Detective Jackson Cantrell never imagined that one night with an irresistible stranger would turn his life upside down. He’s spent years living in the shadows, but Dr. Michaela Roarke awakened a passion inside him he’d buried years ago.
He never expected the woman would turn out to be the governor’s daughter…and his next assignment. The governor blackmails Jackson to secretly watch over Michaela and protect her from a stalker, or kiss his dream job at the FBI good-bye. Swearing to keep things strictly professional, Jackson moves in with Michaela. Too bad his heart can’t keep the same promise.
But when the stalker’s attacks quickly escalate beyond mere photographs to bodily harm, Jackson must race to save Michaela’s life. And he’ll have to figure out how to keep her once she discovers his lie.