I’ll admit it. I’m a little bit of an obsessive Facebook checker. Twitter too. It’s like I have the need to know what each and every one of my friends’ mundane activities.
And while social media is now a necessity in my life there are things that annoy me about it too. And here they are…
1. The people who seem to be obsessed with taking pictures of themselves. In bathroom mirrors. Everyday.
Could these be anymore annoying? We get it. You think you’re cute. But nobody needs to see 365 pictures of you in a bathroom.
2. Vague depressing status updates. “Please give me strength. I wish things would just get better already.”
I always roll my eyes at these people. I feel like they just want people to ask them what’s wrong. I don’t.
3. The Buy My Book people. This is mostly a twitter thing. They don’t tweet anything else about themselves or their lives. EVERYTHING is about their newly released/soon to be released books. JOHN DOE’S DOE is a captivating story about a man and his search to connect with a baby deer, and it on sale at Amazon. JOHN DOE’S DOE received another five star review. Get your copy of JOHN DOE’S DOE today.
I only ever bought one book because of twitter and it was because someone other than the author tweeted about it.
4. The people who purposely misspell things when they post. “This heets gotz me dien.” Or the people who do this. mY BOyFriend IS iN tOWn!
Ugh. Really? Get a life.
5. The people who send me game requests. STOP IT. I don’t want to play Farmville or Mafia Wars or anything.
I’m sure other things will annoy me about social media. But what about you? What annoys you?