When this post goes live I’ll be in Maine on vacation with my college besties. Everybody has that list of things they do before they go on vacation.For most of us it’s making sure we have packed our underwear pajamas and toothbrushes. I do that too. But there is one thing I HAVE to do before I go on vacation and that’s get a pedicure or give myself one.
Why? Because nobody wants to look at nasty feet. I don’t want to look at nasty feet. I don’t want to have nasty looking feet.
I was sitting in the doctor’s office waiting to be seen and I couldn’t help but to notice the woman who was sitting across from me. She was well put together. Cute little polo shirt. Anchor printed crop pants. A Coach handbag that probably costs more than all my handbags put together. Any person who saw her would think she was dressed smartly… if they didn’t look at her feet. Her toe nails were yellow and overgrown her heels were dry and cracked. It all just looked crusty.
That is a pet peeve of mine. A big one. You don’t know how many women I see walking around with gross feet this time of year. If you are going to be showing your feet or toes make sure they look right. It’s just like with any other part of your body. You may think people aren’t looking at your feet but they are. So do the world a favor and keep those things in the best shape possible or keep them covered..
1. Lotion. Lotion. Lotion. Put extra on your feet. I tend to have dry skin so I use TRIPLE LANOLIN ALOE VERA. It does wonders trust me.
2. Trim your toenails. EVENLY. And if you can’t do it have somebody else do it.
3. Nail polish is your friend. I know some people don’t like using it but toes look so much nicer when they are painted a pretty color.It also can hide a multitude of sins.
4. If you are going to go bare then keep your nails in good shape. File them. Buff them. Clean them.
5. Don’t leave your house with dirty feet. I’ve actually seen people with blackened soles. Not cute. NOT CUTE.
6. Get rid of that crusty stuff! It’s okay to splurge on a fancy pedicure the one with the callus remover. Don’t be afraid to ask your nail tech to bring out the heavy machinery. A razor. An industrial sander just something to keep your feet looking smooth and sexy.
I always hear moms say that they are too busy for a pedicure or they don’t have time. BS! Make time. Get a babysitter. Get your husband to watch the kids. Take care of yourself. My mother raised five children. 4 of them crazy boys. Her feet always looked good and yours can too.
Enough of my ranting. What’s a beauty related pet peeve of yours.