Hi, all, Suze here! I’m so excited to let you know that my latest book, Olive and Let Die, releases today in paperback and ebook. It’s book 2 of the Greek to Me Mysteries, following book 1, Feta Attraction, which came out in January. Georgie finds out some shocking secrets about her family–her biological family, that is–and she’ll never be the same.
An early review called Olive and Let Die a “strong and complex story … A perfect second book in this series. Well written and thought-out, Ms. Hardy really delivers an intriguing tale…” ~Lisa K’s Book Reviews
Isn’t this cover beautiful? I hope you’ll read and enjoy. Thanks for celebrating with me!
Hey, all, Suze here. Great to see you again!
Some of you may know that I’ve finally, after a mind-boggling amount of agonizing, started querying agents and editors about my first manuscript, now titled Rest In Greece. (It’s a fun adventure/mystery set in a Greek restaurant in the Thousand Islands area of New York State.) I finally got the first few chapters to a point where I was satisfied they weren’t total doo-doo, had a serviceable synopsis (thanks to the awesome assistance of my sister Scribes and other CTRWA goddesses), and a decent query letter.
So now I’ve got queries out to a bunch of agents and have had requests for a couple of fulls and several partials. And I’m waiting.
Oh, I know this process takes time. Agents and editors have crazy numbers of emails to sift through. And when they do request whatever number of pages, they have to find time to read them, decide on them, and then respond yea or nay.
So what’s a writer to do in the meantime? Well, intellectually I know I should be writing the next book. Makes perfect sense. And I’m working on it, although not at the pace I’d envisioned. But here’s what I’m doing more of:
- Obsessively checking e-mails on computer for responses. Yes? No? I’m even hunting through my spam folder and reading Cialis ads (not clicking on links, of course!) in case some agent has a quirky sense of humor and has hidden her/his response in such an unlikely place and wants to reward me for my ingenuity and mystery-solving skills by offering me a contract.
- Obsessively checking smart phone for reponses, in case, somehow, a response shows up there but not on the computer.
- Obsessively researching the next round of agents to target, assuming Plan A (immediate acceptance and adulation!) does not come to fruition.
- Obsessively searching for ever-more-beautiful photos of Joe Manganiello–it’s research, I swear!
- Obsessively cleaning closets and drawers and organizing workspace. Because of feng shui and all that. I’ve been through every cupboard in my kitchen and thrown out tons of crap (including a full trashbag of unused plastic stuff). Next step: sorting through clothes for entire family and making donations.
- Obsessively checking horoscopes and online oracle sites (click here — you’ll thank me), hoping for a definitive answer to the most important questions: who, when, and how much?
So, keep me company. What do you do while you’re waiting?